Did you know that June is Workplace Giving Month?
It’s a month we thank the wonderful people who participate in workplace giving and inspire others to join in to help us create a future free from heart disease.
Workplace Giving is one of the most simple and cost-effective ways to give tax-deductible donations to Heart Research Australia, directly from your pre-tax pay.
The tax benefits are immediate; no need to keep and find your tax receipts!
- Try the Workplace Giving Tax Calculator to see how much you can save on tax each year
- You can give as much or as little as you’d like – just $5, $10 or $20 a month can have a big impact
- At any time you can opt out or change your donation amount
- Automated payments mean you don’t have to remember to make your donation each month – it’s all taken care of by your payroll department
- Your employer may also agree to match your donations
- With fellow employees also donating, you are all working collectively towards making a big difference
How to support Heart Research Australia
- Check with your HR or Payroll Department to see if your company works with Good2Give (link is my.good2give.ngo) and follow the easy steps to set up your profile. Then search for and choose Heart Research Australia.
- Or you can download and complete our Workplace Giving Authorisation form to authorise regular donations from your pay for Heart Research Australia. Please give this form to your Payroll Manager and send a copy to Heart Research Australia.
Are you an employer??
Did you know many employers match staff donations, and encourage their staff to give their time and skills to help charity as well.
Research shows that 85% of employees feel it’s important to give back to the community through the workplace*. Helping employees donate through workplace giving has been shown to increase employee engagement. The Australian Charities Fund has researched the value of workplace giving and found that workplace givers have higher levels of pride in their employer and are more motivated to do a good job.
Sounds like something worth doing doesn’t it?
Take the opportunity this month to start a conversation about workplace giving to support Heart Research Australia.
*Australian Charities Fund 2014