2021 Supporter Survey – Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and details on the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promotion is open to Australian residents over the age of 18 who receive an invitation to participate in a supporter survey directly from Heart Research Australia (“the Promoter”) via email or mail from 25th March 2021.
3. Entries open at 9am AEST on Thursday the 25th of March 2021 and close at 11:59pm AEST on Thursday the 20th May 2021 (“Promotional Period”).
4. No donation is necessary to enter or participate. On completion and return of the survey, individuals are automatically entered into the competition for the chance to win.
5. To enter, the individual must, during the Promotional Period, successfully complete the online supporter survey or return the paper supporter survey to Heart Research Australia’s postal address (Reply Paid 543, St Leonards NSW 1590).
6. Individuals who start the survey but do not complete it, or complete it but do not return it, will not be eligible to go into the draw to win a prize. Surveys will be considered ‘complete’ if an answer is provided for every section, however the submission of a personal story (question 16 of the 2020 Supporter Survey) and optional and is not required for a survey to be deemed ‘complete’. Only individuals who complete the survey in its entirety and provide a personal story (section 16 in hard copy or section 21 in online survey) will be eligible for the prize for ‘Best Story’.
7. Each participant can enter only once (by completing the survey).
8. The total prize pool is valued at $300. The winner will be notified via email or phone. If the Promoter is unable to reach winners by 30th June 2021, the Promoter reserves the right to draw or select new winners.
9. The prizes are three (3) Coles Group & Myer GiftCards valued at $100 each.
9a. One (1) $100 Coles Group & Myer GiftCard will be given to one randomly selected entrant for completion of the survey. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner. The winning entry will be selected at random by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9b. Two (2) $100 Coles Group & Myer GiftCards will be awarded to two individuals who a) complete the survey and b) provide a personal story about how heart disease has impacted them (in Section 16 of the hard copy 2021 Supporter Survey, or Section 21 of the online version). The winning entries for ‘Best Story’ will be determined by a panel of at least three Heart Research Australia employees, and will be judged on detail, relevance, impact and authenticity. The Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. There is a limit of one prize per individual. Individuals who win a prize for successful completion of the survey (9a) will be ineligible to win a prize for ‘Best Story’ (9b) and vice versa.
12. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
13. If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, at its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal value and/or specification.
14. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
15. Any cost associated with accessing the online survey is the entrant’s responsibility.
16. This promotion and these Terms and Conditions are subject to the jurisdiction of the relevant courts sitting in Australian States and Territories.
17. The Promoter is Heart Research Australia (ABN 62 002 839 072) PO Box 543, St Leonards, NSW 1590, ph 02 9436 0056. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this promotion should be directed to Heart Research Australia via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9436 0056.