500 g chicken mince
100 g mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 stick celery, roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 large sprig parsley
2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
½–1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
A little flour to shape patties
Olive or canola oil spray
6 wholemeal rolls, cut open and spread with sweet chilli sauce
3 lettuce leaves, shredded
1 tomato, sliced
½ cucumber, sliced
- Place mince in a large bowl and process all other ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Mix with chicken mince and enough breadcrumbs to make a soft but manageable texture.
- Divide mixture into six and shape with a little flour to round patties larger than the width of the rolls.
- Spray a non-stick pan with oil and cook for 4–5 minutes on each side until brown and cooked through.
- Serve on a roll with lettuce, tomato and cucumber slices.
For a beef burger, substitute lean minced beef for chicken.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2008, reproduced with permission.