Warm roast vegetable salad
300 g butternut pumpkin, peeled and
chopped into 2-cm cubes
2 potatoes, peeled and chopped into
1 capsicum, seeded and cut into large
1 onion, chopped into eighths
100 g flat mushrooms, quartered
Olive or canola oil spray
1 bunch English spinach leaves, washed and drained
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 220?C.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin and potato in a microwave dish with a little water, cover with cling film and cook in microwave on high (100%) for 4 minutes.
- Toss pumpkin, potato, capsicum, onion and mushrooms together, then spread in a single layer over tray.
- Lightly spray with oil. Bake for 30–40 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl. When vegetables are cooked, pour over dressing.
- Line serving dish with spinach leaves and pile roasted vegetables on top.
- Serve immediately.
Try including sweet potato, zucchini, carrots, beetroot, squash and baby eggplant when they are in season.