25 minutes preparation + 30 minutes cooking
22 serves of vegies in this recipe
500g pumpkin or sweet potato, peeled and sliced
2 bunches English spinach or young silver beet, washed and sliced
500g reduced-fat ricotta
6 spring onions, sliced
½ cup chopped parsley
12 sheets instant lasagne, softened in hot water
425g jar tomato pasta sauce
2 tablespoons plain flour
2 cups low-fat milk
Pinch pepper and ground nutmeg to taste
½ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Steam the pumpkin for 3 minutes, then cool.
- Plunge spinach into boiling water until wilted and drain well to remove excess liquid.
- In a large bowl combine drained spinach ricotta, onion and parsley.
- Arrange 3 sheets of lasagne on the base of an ovenproof pan (33cm x 23cm).
- Top with 1/3 each of pumpkin, tomato sauce and spinach ricotta mixture.
- Repeat twice and top with remaining lasagne sheets.
- To make topping
- Break eggs into flour and mix well to remove lumps.
- Whisk in milk, pour into a saucepan and bring to the boil, whisking until smooth and thickened.
- Add pepper, pour over top of lasagne and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving suggestion: cut into squares and serve with a green salad.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2010, reproduced with permission.