30 minutes preparation + 10 minutes cooking
13 serves of vegies in this recipe
2 cups rice
275g firm tofu, cubed
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons ginger, grated
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoons chilli sauce (or ½ teaspoon chilli flakes)
1 tablespoon sesame or olive oil
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
1 red capsicum, seeded and sliced
150g snow peas, cut into strips with strings removed
200g mushrooms, sliced
6 spring onions, chopped
½ Chinese cabbage, finely sliced
1 cup bean shoots
- Cook rice following packet directions.
- Place tofu in a bowl and marinate for 30 minutes with garlic, ginger and sauces.
- Drain, retaining marinade.
- Heat a wok or non-stick frypan, add oil and tofu and stir-fry until brown on all sides.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingredients except bean shoots and stir for 3-4 minutes until lightly cooked.
- Add bean shoots and tofu, stir through reserved marinade.
- Serve with rice.
Variation: savoy cabbage, Brussels sprouts or bok choy may be used instead of Chinese cabbage, and try a small leek instead of spring onions.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2010, reproduced with permission.