5 minutes preparation + 10 minutes cooking
11 serves of vegies in this recipe
4 large potatoes, washed
425g can baked beans
1 large tomato, chopped
1 small green capsicum, chopped
½ cup grated low-fat cheese
Garden salad to serve:
Butter lettuce leaves
- Pierce potatoes several times with a skewer or fork.
- Microwave on high for 12 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 5 mins.
- Place baked beans, tomato and capsicum in a microwave safe bowl, cook on high 1 minute, stir, then cook a further minute or until heated through.
- Cut potatoes in half.
- Scoop out a spoonful of the cooked flesh.
- Pile bean mixture back into potato skins.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Reheat in microwave for 3 minutes.
- Serve with a garden salad on side.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2010, reproduced with permission.