Heart Research Australia is committed to protecting your privacy. We apply the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988 (Australia) to the collection of personal information via this website.
All information you provide will remain confidential and protected. It will be used only as outlined below. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease the addresses on our list to anyone for any purpose. The information you give us will not be used in ways other than those to which you have consented.
Heart Research Australia is not responsible for the privacy practices, privacy statements or content of other web sites linked to or from ours.
What information do we collect?
We typically ask for the information listed below. However, it is your choice how much you provide. All information is held securely.
- Contact information (name, address, email)
- Personal details including date of birth (optional) and gender
- Credit card number, name and expiry date for online donations
- Your request for information about an aspect of our work
- Your Foundation supporter number (if you have one).
How do we use the information?
We collect this information in order to:
- process donations, lottery-ticket purchases and event bookings
- send receipts
- maintain accurate details of our supporters' history with us
- keep our supporters informed of our work, including opportunities for them to contribute
- help us develop cost-effective marketing and fundraising activities.
Joining our Family of Supporters
When you join our Family of Supporters you explicitly and intentionally consent to the Foundation
- collecting the personal information listed under ‘What information do we collect?' above, and
- using it as outlined in ‘How do we use the information?'
Updating and accessing your personal information
To update your details:
- Complete the online update form, or
- Call 1800 999 060 (within Australia) or + 61 2 9436 0056
- Email email@example.com
- Write to NSHRF, PO Box 543, St Leonards, NSW 1590, Australia
- Fax + 61 2 9436 0058
To access your personal information, contact us as outlined above.
For more privacy information
If you would like to read our complete guidelines and procedures for dealing with personal information, please contact us as outlined above.
If you would like to opt out of being contacted or receiving information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us as outlined above.
If for some reason you believe Heart Research Australia has violated your privacy, please email email@example.com
We will do our best to determine and correct the problem promptly.
We use a highly secure internet connection to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of any information we receive from you. However, as with any transmission over the internet, there is always some element of risk in sending personal information.
Credit card donations
Donations, lottery-ticket purchases and event booking payments made online are processed in real time using a secure payment gateway. Donations are processed in Australian dollars.
A cookie is a small text file that is transferred to your computer when you visit a website. The cookie stores information about the use of the site.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. If you do not want cookies to be used, please adjust your browser to disable them. Note that you will then be unable to use the secure section of our site.
- to assist in identification
- to ensure you are not shown promotional material you have seen while visiting the site.
Surveys and research
From time to time we may ask supporters to participate in a voluntary online survey. The information will be used to improve this website and our customer service.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
If a material change is made to this Privacy Statement and/or the way we use our supporters' details, we will post prominent notice of the nature of such change on the first page of this Privacy Statement and also on our home page.