Fast fish medley
1 cup rice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
425 g can chopped tomatoes with
1 fresh red chilli, seeded and chopped
1/3 cup red or white wine (optional)
1 medium red capsicum, seeded and
1 cup frozen peas
350 g white fish fillets, cut into small
100 g scallops or scallop pieces (optional)
1 bunch English spinach, washed, drained and chopped
- Cook rice following packet directions.
- Heat oil in pan and cook onion and garlic until softened.
- Add tomatoes, chilli and wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice, capsicum, peas, fish and scallops, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until fish and capsicum are cooked.
- Stir through spinach until wilted and mixed well with all ingredients.
* You can use frozen fish in this recipe.
Use prawns instead of scallops, and try other vegetables, such as green beans, sweet corn and snow peas.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2008, reproduced with permission.