Curried carrot soup
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
2 teaspoons mild curry powder
5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
5 large carrots, washed and chopped
1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion until translucent.
- Stir through curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat. Puree in a blender until smooth, adding a little extra water if required.
- Return to the saucepan and reheat.
To microwave, reduce stock to 4½ cups, place ingredients in a bowl and cook on high (100%) for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
Top with a dollop of low-fat natural yoghurt and sprinkle with chives.
Recipe from Healthy Food Fast © State of Western Australia 2008, reproduced with permission.